Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Safe and Sound


Safe and Sound

By Taylor Swift ft Civil Wars



I remember tears streaming down your face

When I said, I'll never let you go
When all those shadows almost killed your light
I remember you said, Don't leave me here alone
But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound

Don't you dare look out your window darling
Everything's on fire
The war outside our door keeps raging on
Hold onto this lullaby
Even when the music's gone
Gone

Ooh, ooh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh,

Ooh, ooh, oh, oh, oh, oh

Click the link above! :)

This song was created for the Hunger Games movie, and in case you don't know what The Hunger Games is, it is a book series by Suzanne Collins, and I really recommend you read it. It was one of those books that kept me hooked, and I couldn't put it down because it kept getting better and better, and more action-packed. Especially when they entered the arena. It was so good, in fact that someone decided to turn it into a movie.  And now, we fans are just freakin' excited for it.

But if you're a "reader", do NOT watch the trailer OR the movie, if you don't want spoilers. 

Anyway, with a trailer as awesome as that, who wouldn't be excited? I really hate it when the movie producers screw up the books (ahem, Percy Jackson, ahem), and change the plot, etc., just so that they could earn more money. And then we get rip offs of the original stories. Ugh.

And that's why I'm pretty excited about the Hunger Games movie. I mean, by the looks of the trailers, it looks like they got the important things right. (I don't expect them to get everything, or even almost everything right. I've been very disappointed in so many book-turned-movies, that my expectations have become very low. Harry Potter is an exception, of course)

So, a few weeks ago (I think), this song (which is the first one of the soundtrack) came out, and immediately became number 1 in the song charts. When I listened to this song, I first thought it was really good, but Taylor's voice doesn't suit it, or that there are many more voices that would have been better for it. Powerful, clear voices like Celine Deon's. And then I realized, the uploader of the video changed the pitch so it would not be copyrighted. When I listened to the TRUE song, well, fmdlkvmdlfldfbl it was awesome. :D

I close my eyes when I listen to this, imagining Prim and Katniss, when she (Katniss) volunteered to take her (Prim's) place at the games. No, I didn't cry, but that's only because I'm a cold-hearted freak. Seriously, I do not know what is wrong with me.

Anyway, I'm really excited for the rest of the soundtrack. I hope the other songs are as perfect as this one.

May the Odds Be Ever In Your Favor.

XOXO
Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment