Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 End of the Year Cheers!

I'll be honest- 2013 was definitely not my year. It was the worst year of my life (well, it is for now). The only thing good about it was the first half (hello summer friends!), but I remember everything else to be a horrible mess- failure, disappointment, and psychotic emotions.

That being said, 2013 was also the year I grew the most. It was the year I started trying- trying to write better and blog more, trying to rekindle my interest in the piano, and trying to become a better person. It was the year I came to a lot of realizations- more than I ever have in my past years of existence. And admittedly, it was the year I turned slightly darker and less happy-go-lucky, which makes me a bit sad, now that I think about it.

2013 was the year I fell in love. Or... perhaps I don't know what love is yet. But it was the year I got a peek at what love could be- which is everything between admiration and inexplicable happiness to resentment and the urge to disappear forever. It was the year I actually found interest in someone, became gloomy and depressed for a few months, and eventually got over it.

Most of all, 2013 was probably the year I turned angsty. It makes me laugh now that I think about it. 2013 was The Order of The Phoenix to my life's Harry Potter- a startlingly good analogy, but kind of on the weird side. I started hating everyone and everything and kept to myself in my bedroom like a hermit for more than enough times I can remember.

And now that it's time to bid goodbye to this time period, I don't feel particularly sad like the rest of my friends are. Instead, I am looking forward to 2014. It'll definitely be a year of change- a new environment, new responsibilities and dangers, and new insights. I don't know if I can handle these changes, but I sure am up for them. Whatever may happen, I am certain that 2014 will be big.

I just hope I don't die next year, because that will suck a lot. (Random thought, sorry).

Things I liked about 2013:
1.) A certain summer program
2.) Catching Fire and Doctor Who 50th Anniversary
3.) Deepening friendships
4.) Actually not being a robot and... experiencing emotions.

Things I'm excited for in 2014:
1.) College!
2.) Living in Manila
3.) Being less uptight.
4.) Not seeing all of my horrible teachers anymore.
5.) Lots of free time!
6.) Movies! (TFIOS, etc)
7.) Reunions!

xoxo
Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment