Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sweet

It's dusk and I lay on my bed, staring at the window. It's that time of the day again yet I am not sad. I look at the pale blue sky I've always tried to avoid; somehow, it does not depress me today. Rather, excitement builds up on my chest and I wait for nighttime to come. It's a foreign feeling, and I'm not sure what to think of it yet.

They gather around me smiling, joyous and far more excited than I am. This surprises me, but it's a pleasant experience and one that doesn't come so often. I've been accustomed to a dull and mundane world, and this day should have flew by like any other.

It's weird, different, wonderful-- so, so wonderful when something like this happens. As I get up, I realize that it's night. I head downstairs and watch the moon and stars come into full view.

The cake is sweet.

XOXO
Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment