Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Bea's Top 10 Love Teams (2012)

I thought I'd make one of these again, since it's been two years since the original one.
Click the link -> Bea's Original List of Top 10 Love Teams (2010-2011)
(ah, back when I was addicted to the squiggly, which is like the universal fangirl symbol)

Anyway, here goes. As usual, there's commentary. :)

1.) Jily (AKA L/J)
     James Potter and Lily Evans from Harry Potter. To attempt to describe how much I love this ship would be useless. I've been shipping them for two straight years now, starting roughly two months after I wrote my original "Top 10 Love Teams" list. I'd always accepted them as a couple since the first Harry Potter books, but it wasn't until the third one that they started piquing my interest. Sirius Black played a big role in this, since he became my favourite character, and I started getting curious about the Marauders. By the time I read Snape's Worst Memory, I was sold. There is just something so perfect about Jily, that you can't ever not ship it again once you have started. It has love, hate, passion, humor, and tragedy. It's the canon of all cannons. I mean, he was a chaser, and she hated him, and everything is just a big puddle of feels.

2.) Percabeth
     Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase from Percy Jackson. They were my first ship ever. I shipped them before I even knew what 'shipping' was. Back then, I called it 'supporting a pairing'. We all wanted them to end up together since the first book, and the underwater kiss on The Last Olympian was long awaited.

3.) Elizabeth Bennet and Fitzwilliam Darcy (AKA EliDarcy)
     From Pride and Prejudice, of course. I'm a sucker for love-hate stories, and theirs was like Chocolate Vanilla pudding. With cherry on top. When Darcy described her as 'tolerable, but not handsome enough to please me', I exploded right then and there.

4.) Amy Pond and Rory Williams
     From Doctor Who. Confession Time: I shipped Amy and Eleven really hard before I turned over to the other side. At first, I wasn't sure if Amy really loved Rory back, but 'The Girl Who Waited' removed all my doubts.

5.) Channy
     Sonny Monroe and Chad Dylan Cooper from Sonny With A Chance. Some childhood things just stick to you, and some feelings (or in this case, pairings) just don't ever go away or fade. Good? Good. Fine? Fine!


6.) Tokka
     Toph Beifong and Sokka from Avatar. Toph was my favourite character, and her very obvious crush on Sokka was very cute. I love Suki and all, but Sokka, in my opinion, should have ended up with Toph.


7.) Rankane
     Ranma and Akane from Ranma1/2. Another one of my childhood fetishes. Also a love-hate thing. This time, it's both of them who keep denying their blatant love for the other. Another plus, they're fiances!

8.)Peeniss
     Peeta Mellark and Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games. I remember when everyone had a hard time looking for a ship name, and everyone settled on 'Peeniss' even if it was... well, you know. It would also sound awkward if shippers said 'I love Peeniss!' Anyway, I can't understand why other people like Gale and Katniss together, but I totally respect their opinion. Still, Peeta was the guy with the bread, the dandelion in the spring. How can you not?

9.) Sydrian
     Sydney Sage and Adrian Ivashkov from Bloodlines, which is the pin-up series of Vampire Academy. Smart girl meets Bad Vampire Boy Who Got Used By Good Vampire Girl makes a wonderful story. It was hard to decide between this ship and Peeniss-- which should have gone higher on my list, but I ultimately chose Peeniss. It was a close fight, though.

10.) Zammie
      Zach Goode and Cammie Morgan from Gallagher Girls. Cammie is cool, and Zach is Goode. Enough said.


No comments:

Post a Comment